1. So I got the blue Akira dress. And at first I was pleasantly surprised because the material was nicer than I expected. But then I put it on. And was unpleasantly surprised to learn that the medium was, in fact, too big. So the search continues.
Honestly, I just want to find a dress now so I can stop talking about it. Because I literally can’t stop talking about it. I’m a woman possessed. Possessed by a phantom dress I invented in my mind.
There’s probably a Latin term for that condition, right? Something that ends in -mania.
2. One of my favorite bloggers (and one of my lovely sponsors!) wrote a post about expectations and romance today that I really liked. The gist of it is that you need to ask for what you want, rather that simply get pissed off and broken hearted when your significant other doesn’t psychically know what you want. (I totally butchered the elegance of how Liz described it. Just go read the post.)
3. Today I discovered dark chocolate with a touch of sea salt. And my life was never the same again.
It’s a giant bar of chocolate, so my plan is to eat it slowly throughout the week. It’s literally taking everything I have not to tear into my snack drawer and devour the entire thing.
4. Last night, I made this for dinner, and it was AWESOME. And super easy. And healthy! I followed the recipe exactly, so it’s not really worth doing my own post about it, but I highly recommend it if healthy chicken enchiladas sounds like something you would enjoy. It’s also husband-approved, so that’s just a bonus.
5. Broke and ate two more squares of chocolate since writing #3. I may have a disease.
I’m a couple of days late with the Sponsor Shout-Out this month (oops), but hopefully it has only whet your appetites to see what they all have in store!
Liz has seriously been outdoing herself lately with adorable custom cards, thank-you notes, and other sweet stationery. She’s incredibly creative and talented, and she would love to create personalized cards for you.
Ok, sister bragging time. Joelle and Jake of Figment Art Photo recently moved into a new apartment/studio space, and it has added a whole new dimension of cool to their photos. If you’re in the Des Moines area, you should book your engagement pics, family session, and virtually any other shoot today!
You already know how much I love Gloria’s work. (Um, hi. I stare at it every day and think, “Ooh…so pretty.” She has a few pieces in her Etsy shop, but the really cool part of her talent is that she’s totally up for creating custom pieces to suit your decor. Get on that!
I swear, every time Megan posts a new wedding or engagement session, I am newly blown away by her talent. Every single shoot is better than the last! Plus, she is completely committed to capturing the entire story of you wedding. Who doesn’t want that?
I’ve only recently broken into blog giveaways, but this girl corners the market. She has tons of creative sponsors and friends and does giveaways ever single week. Don’t miss her next one!
So, we know that I prefer dresses to pants. Therefore, it should come as no surprise that I love a fashion retailer that aspires to provide dresses and skirts that flatter a woman’s shape in a stylish, classy way. What’s that? You like that too? Well then, get over there!
If you live in the Greater NYC/Long Island area, you really don’t want to go anywhere else for your masonry work. Shawn and Dana are incredibly talented, organized, and thoughtful with all of their services, and they can’t wait to work with you.
Want to be included in this super-duper list? (And get a ridiculously upbeat post written about you every month?) Check out my Sponsors page for details.