1. So I got the blue Akira dress. And at first I was pleasantly surprised because the material was nicer than I expected. But then I put it on. And was unpleasantly surprised to learn that the medium was, in fact, too big. So the search continues.
Honestly, I just want to find a dress now so I can stop talking about it. Because I literally can’t stop talking about it. I’m a woman possessed. Possessed by a phantom dress I invented in my mind.
There’s probably a Latin term for that condition, right? Something that ends in -mania.
2. One of my favorite bloggers (and one of my lovely sponsors!) wrote a post about expectations and romance today that I really liked. The gist of it is that you need to ask for what you want, rather that simply get pissed off and broken hearted when your significant other doesn’t psychically know what you want. (I totally butchered the elegance of how Liz described it. Just go read the post.)
3. Today I discovered dark chocolate with a touch of sea salt. And my life was never the same again.
It’s a giant bar of chocolate, so my plan is to eat it slowly throughout the week. It’s literally taking everything I have not to tear into my snack drawer and devour the entire thing.
4. Last night, I made this for dinner, and it was AWESOME. And super easy. And healthy! I followed the recipe exactly, so it’s not really worth doing my own post about it, but I highly recommend it if healthy chicken enchiladas sounds like something you would enjoy. It’s also husband-approved, so that’s just a bonus.
5. Broke and ate two more squares of chocolate since writing #3. I may have a disease.