So here’s a bit of frivolity for your Monday morning: I’ve decided hot pink is going to be my color this spring.
I know, you guys. I know.
We can call it the Pinterest Effect or a symptom of spending too much time reading blogs, but the deeper I dive into the world of social media, the more I find I’m able to pinpoint exactly what trends I like or dislike at a given time. And that includes color. Pastels? Nah. Neon? On. Board.
I mean, I think anyone who has been in a shopping establishment in the last couple of months could tell you that neon (especially when paired with neutrals!) are everywhere at the moment. And when better to wear hot colors than when it’s warm out?
Here’s a quick look at the pieces that have caught my eye recently.
1. Hot Pink Boyfriend Blazer from Silence & Noise. I’m seeing this with jeans or thrown over a white sun dress. Instant impact.
2. Tee Maxi Dress from Splendid. Total disclosure, I really only like the skirt part of this dress. A hot pink maxi is perfect for those steamy New York days.
3. Foldover Clutch from Clare Vivier. I’ve had my eye on these foldover clutches forever, but they’re still a bit out of my price range. Fortunately, Forever 21 and even Target have been stepping up their bright clutch game. See here and here for evidence.
4. These adorable flats are no longer available from Kate Spade (aboo), but here’s a sweet DIY version to make on your own. Igotchu.
5. Neon Wrap Watch from La Mer. I want to be buried in this. Seriously, it’s so pretty. Must look away. Must. Look. AWAY.
6. Spike Collar Necklace from ASOS. Statement necklace in a bold color? The universe just split in half from how much of an impact this necklace makes.
So there you have it. Anyone else fixating on the brights lately? I’m also crushing on chartreuse skirts lately…