Man, radio silence on the blog, amiright?
I promise, I have not forsaken you. I’ve just been busting my behind trying to get another corner of the apartment presentable to show you.
Here’s some of the progress we made last week:
1. Emptying TONS of boxes. Seriously, folks. We’re down to the last 11, and I have high hopes that we’ll get down to two or three by the end of next weekend. (Joey is out of town, which means I can spend all my time organizing.)(Is it weird that that thrills me?)
2. Ordered a couch! We finally made it out to IKEA and ordered this little baby:
He’ll arrive in about two weeks. At which point we will stop sitting on the floor. For the most part.
3. Built a kitchen pantry. I really should have take a picture of this, but the kitchen is still a bit too cluttered to show off. But the pantry is awesome. So much storage space!
4. Organized the bar area:
5. Added a bar to Joey’s closet so he can finally hang up his clothes, along with a slew of other bedroom organization.
6. Emptied my closet of a few more things I never wear.
7. Started hanging pictures! Here’s our new baby gallery wall:
I’m sure there were a few more little things along the way, but those are the ones I’m most excited about.
I CAN SEE THE LIGHT AT THE END, YOU GUYS.
Plus, I’m still in love with our neighborhood and have been exploring it more and more. Look how pretty it looks in the sunshine:
Ok, so maybe it’s still a lot of concrete. But the trees are finally getting green!
So this was a boring post unless you’re as excited about my home as I am. What did YOU do this weekend?